Monday, September 26, 2011

Yay Surprises!

I'm not really much of a surprise person. I usually find out what surprises are before they happen because I'm too curious to just let them happen to me or because I'm suspicious of people when they act differently around me. However, I have to say that I'm looking forward to two big "surprises" this weekend. :)

My wonderful sister-in-law has been lovingly planning a baby shower for me since almost the moment she found out that Tony and I were expecting, but she has kept the details other than the location and the guest list a secret from me. I haven't seen an invitation, I don't know the theme, I haven't heard about the games or food...and I'm excited to see what she's put together since I know she's been working hard and is pretty excited to get to use pink! :)

The second surprise I actually got last night. One of my friends from college currently lives in Baltimore, Maryland, and another lives in Madison, Wisconsin. I figured the friend from Madison would try to make it to the shower, but I didn't think the one from Baltimore would be able to make it (and I certainly didn't expect her to fly back for the occasion). However, Baltimore friend decided to use the weekend as a chance to come visit for a bit and Madison friend is coming to...and they are both staying overnight! :) It's going to be like a good old fashioned college slumber party since the sister-in-law, her husband, and my nephew are also staying overnight. I'm so excited to see them all and celebrate and spend some quality time in the same place, since none of us are very good about keeping in touch.

So, I'm trying to get through this week as quickly as possible so I can get to the weekend and enjoy all the surprises! :) Now if only I could stop checking on our baby registries to see what awesome things people are purchasing for baby Dixon! What can I say...I can't totally change my approach to surprises! ;)

1 comment:

  1. So excited! Can't wait for the week to be over. I just hope I can pull everything together and that you like it!

    ReplyDelete